Special Support Positions
- Cataloging assistant
- Gain experience with basic library "back room" operations, preparing new books and other materials for cataloging and circulation, removing withdrawn books from the Library’s collections, data entry and corrections, and assisting Library staff. Flexible hours fall between 7:30 and 5 pm, M-F.
- Special Collections
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dependability, attention to detail and willingness to learn are among the characteristics we seek from our student assistants. Projects include arrangement, description and preservation of manuscript and digital collections for public use. Student will receive specialized training in digitization and handling of archival materials. Hours fall between 8am-5pm M-F.
- Serials & Government Documents Assistant
- Student responsibilities include processing and ordering journals and government documents, filing, book stack searching, senior project entry, and repairing damaged journals and books. Work hours are M-F between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, approximately two hours per day.
- DigitalCommons Assistants
- Up to two students are hired each year to enable more openly available research and scholarship through the DigitalCommons@CalPoly, the University’s online archive. Under the direct supervision of DigitalCommons staff, student assistants perform routine duties assisting with locating, digitizing, processing and uploading of scholarly digital collections for public use online. Students gain valuable research skills and specialized digitization training. Exceptional communication skills; reliability; attention to detail and willingness to learn new technologies are qualities we seek in student assistants. Hours fall between 8am-5pm M-F.