Kennedy Library is the heart of Cal Poly's campus. Faculty, staff, students and other community members have come to expect the highest level of service and professionalism at all service points (e.g., Circulation, Learning Commons, Reference to name a few).
Student Assistants play an important — and essential — role in the day-to-day operations of the Library.
About the Student Assistant Training Program
The Student Assistant Training Program was developed to
- identify core competencies that student assistants will need to the provide high quality and professional help at public services points
- ensure consistent training across the program
- embed effective cross-training in key public service roles
- create a centralized collection of policies, related documents and relevant information for easy access and management
- secure feedback instrument that evaluates training
- establish a standard and effective process to hire, train and mentor student assistants throughout the entire employment cycle