Library Research Assistance Technician (LibRAT)
It's all about Students Helping Students
LibRATs provide research assistance to other students.
- Exhibit a deep commitment to libraries
- Possess a rat-like tenacity for helping others
- Provide exceptional customer service
What does a LibRAT do?
- Learns the Secret Arts of Research
- A LibRAT, once thoroughly trained in the secret arts of research, will have ample opportunity to share his/her expertise with other students who require help with research.
- Gains great work experience
- This is a win-win scenario. The LibRAT wins by developing high-level interpersonal skills and research acumen thus gaining marketable experience. Students win by receiving quality research help from a peer.
- Shapes and builds the program
- Finally, and most importantly, The LibRAT will help shape and build the Peer Reference Program by training future LibRATS and providing feedback to ensure an effective — and fun — program.