Nisei Diploma Project
Stories from California Polytechnic State University
Kennedy Library is presenting an exhibition highlighting Cal Poly Japanese American students who were unable to complete their education due to their forced relocation and internment during World War II.
The exhibit "Nisei Diploma Project: Stories from California Polytechnic State University" focuses on the alumni forced to leave Cal Poly and report to "Relocation Centers" under federal Executive Order 9066. The exhibit is being presented in collaboration with Cal Poly's honorary degree program, which pays tribute to the academic intentions of these students by awarding them Special Honorary Bachelor of Humane Letters degrees.
- June 8 through July 5, 2010
- Robert E. Kennedy Library, Learning Commons 1st floor Library Gallery
- Exhibition is free and open to the public during regular library hours.
- Sponsored by Library Services
Metered parking is available in the H2 lot adjacent to the Library. Additional parking is available by purchasing a $5.00 general use permit from the Grand Avenue kiosk.
» More Parking Information
- Catherine J. Trujillo, Special Collections Kennedy Library
- (805) 756-2305