Celebrating Black History Month
Strive and Struggle: Documenting the Civil Rights Movement at Cal Poly, 19671975
- WHEN: February 2nd March 1st, 2009
- WHERE: Library Gallery, 1st floor
- MORE INFO: Press release
Presented through the pages of The Mustang Daily, Strive and Struggle explores campus reactions, struggles and triumphs during the Civil Rights years, and the efforts to establish ethnic studies courses, recruit black faculty and combat racial prejudice on campus.
Learn more about these collections
Image courtesy of University Archives, Kennedy Library
Images featured in the exhibition are from many collections housed in University Archives and available to the Cal Poly community.
See us at the Change the Status Quo Conference
Change the Status Quo is a two day conference focusing on a student's role in shaping society. Come learn about the history of activism at Cal Poly as students coordinators of the Kennedy Library's Strive and Struggle Exhibit present their findings!
- What: Strive and Struggle: A Lesson on Student Activism from the Civil Rights Movement at Cal Poly
- When: Tuesday, February 24 11amnoon
- Where: University Union Room 204, Chumash Left Wing
- Presented by: Kennedy Library, Ethnic Studies, Cal Poly History graduate students, and Art & Design students
- More info: Soup & Substance