Because people are at the heart of our vision, we aspire to:
- Become a nationally recognized university library known for our excellence in delivering value through academically inspired innovation.
- Exceed the expectations of Cal Poly students and scholars through our exemplary services and resources.
- Advance the exchange of ideas at Cal Poly, fostering a community of scholars that reaches across the professions and disciplines and around the globe.
Because scholarship, communication, and learning are empowered and enhanced by digital systems and applications, and by access to digital content, we aspire to:
- Develop an integrated program of digital services across all areas of the library’s mission,
- Leverage shared and collaborative digital infrastructure to sustain and enhance digital learning and scholarship, and
- Prioritize digital strategies and projects based on the unique strengths and needs of the Cal Poly community.
Robert E. Kennedy Library’s strategic plan provides a general framework for library faculty and staff to plan continuous improvement of the library’s services and resources in support of the California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) mission.
The plan is one way for the library to communicate its future directions with the Cal Poly community. The strategic plan redefines the library’s mission, describes the values that its staff brings to the realization of that mission, and provides a vision that inspires us.
Four themes define the library’s broad programmatic directions over the next three to five years:
- Advancing Scholarship
- Enhancing discovery
- Supporting knowledge, creation and sharing
- Connecting Communities
- Across disciplines and professions
- Cal Poly and beyond
- Inclusive Excellence